Sunday 27 January 2013

Auto-biography Saya: It was Nirmala #wink-wink

Before I start, let me introduce myself. My name is Rani, it is Rani Gitayati in complete. Sounds like an Indian name but no, I have not even a single drop of Indian blood though it might be nice to be an Indian.

Well okay, at this time I am going to tell about the name I owned. Rani Gitayati. There is a story behind it.

I was born as the first child in the family. Of course Dad had prepared a name for me. It was NIRMALA.. Hehehe.. It sounds like a name of a character, she was a princess if I'm not mistaken. She had a friend named Oki. These characters appeared in Bobo, a kids magazine when I was a kid (I think it still exist until now). She was a nice and good character, and always helped Oki whenever he is in trouble, she also gave suggestion to him if he made mistakes.

But.. Hehehe.. Mom doesn't want me to have that name, sounds weird to her.. And she doesn't want it. So then Granny gave me a sweet name Rini Gitayati. It was my uncle's name Granny gave when she didn't know whether the baby in her belly was a girl or boy. In fact she really wanted to have a baby girl. Until she knew for sure that the baby was a boy and changed her mind in giving the baby that name. So it means I take my uncle's name.. LOL.. Maybe that is the reason why until now the closest uncle among all uncles I have is him. Hehehe..

Rini Gitayati is a nice name, but then Dad wanted it to be changed to Rani. The reason is that all of his brothers' and sisters' names begin in Ra.. including his name.. So seemed like he wanted to have Ra- on his kids' names, too, for his father did so. Ooooh so sweet.. Then start that day my name is Rani Gitayati. Well, Rani is not a princess like Nirmala, she is even greater than princess and older of course.. Hehehe.. She is a QUEEN (in India: Rani = Queen).. ;P

Is there any story behind your name, too? Go share it.. !! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment